Indian Register of Exercise Professionals (IREPS)
Indian Register of Exercise Professionals (IREPS) is the Indian register of instructors, trainers, coaches and teachers working in the Indian health,Sports, fitness and physical activity sector.
IREPS is formed by Sports, Physical education, Fitness & Leisure sector skill council (SPEFL-SC). This is the only organisation that has curriculum approved by National Skill Development council (NSDC), & Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and by Ministry of Skill Development, Government of India. This curriculum covers the domains of Fitness, Sports, Physical Education etc.
IREPS recognises the qualifications and skills of exercise professionals and SPEFL-SC certifies them after training and assessment. This certificate enables the trainers to be registered on the NSDC Portal and Sportzgrid, that will help them to be employed by the industry from all over India and abroad. This certification also qualifies the professionals for Govt. Schemes and helps them in securing easy loans so that they can start up their own ventures and become self-reliant. This certificate is mandatory for Indian Fitness Professionals to register on EREPS and iCREPS for International training and placements.
This is also an important assurance for the public and employers that their instructor or employee holds the appropriate qualifications to perform their role safely and effectively.The IREPS Programme:
- Provides a registration process (assured “license to practice” by the industry) for exercise professionals across India and other countries which is clearly understandable for operators and consumers.
- Provides a public register with members details in an accessible format.
- Is associated with the European Register for Exercise Professionals (EREPS) and International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (iCREPS, through REPS INDIA).
- Requires member adherence to an IREPS Code of Ethical Practice defining the rights, responsibilities and principles of being an exercise professional.
- Providing support to its members for various requirements to practice in industry.